Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Real Men Don't Wear Toesies!

I was walking my chihuahua/eskie mix last week when I came across a sight that I haven't seen since the fall, which signaled to me that yes, the summer season with all of its hazy lazy days and casual wear, was definitely upon us. There was a guy walking his dog too, clad in an old t-shirt and some khakis wearing toesies, and then there was another. The next guy was with his significant other and they were both adorning this feminine sandal.

My pup finished her business and I turned to come home, down a busy street usually reserved for locals who board the uptown F train to work. There was a man dressed in black head to toe, black sunglasses, nice suit, good watch, and yet to my astonishment, when I looked down, expecting to see Italian leather foot wear, I saw that he was wearing those hideous summer sandals that men should never wear................and with a suit!!!

Can someone explain this to me? I never liked the humid dog days of summer to begin with here in NYC- but now when I walk my dog during those dog days, I will have to live in fear of the toesie clan, complete with their big, hairy, pale toes. So please guys, think twice when selecting your summer footwear- toesies just do not make a man!!

No comments: