Friday, May 11, 2007

No One Reads My Blog......

I know I just started this but I truly have little faith in anyone reading this blog. All this has done so far is take me off my path of real writing- the kind I get paid for. And if anyone out there has taken the time to read any of my posts, first of all-thank you- and second, I think you'll find that I jump from subject to subject, so narrowing down my area of expertise, so to speak, has been difficult. But it's something that must be done.

I have been an editor and writer at family magazines and am currently working on some realistic fiction ( though have not finished up any to send out). I absolutely love personal essay writing and have even considered children's books, having had a brief stint as a teacher.

So , if you could help me out with this, drop me a line and let me know which post you liked the best so far OR which one really sucked. All would be helpful.....................and much appreciated!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Just comment-surfed from One Weird Mother. My favorites are the Park Slope ones (lived in BoCoCa for 2 years and never figured out if we were in Bo, Co, or Ca so I can't imagine trying to argue with a Sloper ;)
It takes a while to build up readers, and even then comments go through dry spells. It's frustrating, but I find blogging is great for personal essay fodder.

karrie said...

I love posts that give a small glimpse of urban life. My favorite post from browsing around this morning was the one about the couple who literally lives on 36th Street.

I agree with Jen--there are dry spells, and I think in general the blogging world slows down a bit this time of year. It will probably pick up again once it is grossly hot and humid, and people head back inside.

karrie said...

Also, I find light text against a dark background very difficult to read. I know the blogger.com templates are kind of limited. Maybe move to WordPress?