Thursday, May 17, 2007

Life Choices

Having made many of my life choices when I was just a youngin', I reserve the right to change my mind. Only did my watching the season finale of Grey's Anatomy tonight ignite this thought. I have been down and out lately with my life, our lack of house, lack of funds, lack of where I want to be in life. I was thinking you know what, if I could go back in time and start college all over again, I would go into the medical field. I watched the absolute collapse of poor Christine's wedding, George's career, Callie's marriage, Meredith's relationship, and so on............and I realized that I COULD GO BACK TO COLLEGE AND GO INTO THE MEDICAL FIELD if that is what I really wanted. I could. And it would help provide the lifestyle I want for the rest of my life.

No, this one show did not put me on a path toward complete life and career change. I have been contemplating, mulling, wracking my brain inside and out for months and months, trying to think of what I could do so my kids and I would be happy. My kids are great and they know what I've been going through, what we've been going through looking for a house. My older ones told me that they think I can do anything I put my mind to, but that I should never give up writing completely. They told me that if I said tomorrow that I wanted to move to Africa, they'd go with me, or if I told them I was going to be a brain surgeon, they'd believe it in a second and that I'd succeed. They have immense faith in me, loads more than I have in myself. I surely lucked out because my kids are genuinely good and caring people.

I'm feeling very peaceful, Dave Matthews is playing in the background. I'm coming off of the high of watching Grey's Anatomy- they have truly gifted writers. When Christina said "He's gone...................I'm free", and burst into tears, I was in awe...................of the acting, the writing, and understanding where she was coming from.

So many changes, so many choices for each of us..............and none written in stone.

No comments: